BANGKOK – Starting today, 26 April to 9 May 2021 The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has ordered the closure of 31 types of COVID-19 high-risk business venues and gatherings.
BMA also imposes a mandatory wearing of face mask for everyone in all public spaces and covered areas (indoor & outdoor). Maximum fine of 20, 000 THB if caught not wearing one.
Venues and gatherings under the BMA’s restrictions are:
- Cinemas and theatres.
- Waterparks and amusement parks.
- Skate and rollerblade venues, or other similar venues.
- Snooker and billiard halls.
- Bowling lanes and gaming kiosks.
- Gaming and Internet shops.
- Swimming pools and similar service venues.
- Fitness centers.
- Exhibition halls, trade centers, and convention facilities.
- Children’s nurseries except in hospitals.
- Elderly day-care centers except for overnight services.
- Boxing stadiums and boxing schools.
- Martial arts schools.
- Tattoo service shops.
- Dancing schools or similar service venues.
- Horse racetracks.
- Buddha amulet sales stalls.
- Weight-control service venues, cosmetic clinics, aesthetic clinics, and medical clinics that offer aesthetic treatments.
- Health spas, massage shops, and beauty treatment shops.
- All types of racetracks.
- Public event grounds; such as concert stages, Thai folk theatres, and outdoor cinemas.
- Meeting and banquet venues both in and outside hotels.
- Sports stadiums.
- Public parks, event grounds, outdoor exercise venues, and sports grounds.
- Beauty salons and barbershops can open for hair washing, haircut, and hairstyling, but no queues on premises.
- Convenience stores can open from 5 AM-10 PM
- Shopping malls, department stores, community malls can open from 11 AM-9 PM but are not allowed to hold any sales promotion activities while restaurants must apply social distancing measures.
- No gatherings, group camping activities, film or television shootings, religious ceremonies, or family meetings with more than 20 participants.
Moreover, Food & Beverage stalls outside shopping complexes can open for dining until 9 PM, and for takeaway until 11 PM. All must apply social distancing rules.