In an increasingly interconnected world, quality education has become a vital stepping stone towards a successful future. For parents in Bangkok, choosing the right international school for their children is a significant decision that can shape their educational journey. This article presents an overview of the ten leading international schools in Bangkok, known for their commitment to academic excellence and holistic development.
- International School Bangkok (ISB): Established on the grounds of the U.S. Embassy in 1951, the International Schools of Bangkok were the first international schools in Thailand to cater to the requirements of the American, American, and other foreign expatriate communities in Bangkok.
The school offers a comprehensive curriculum, including the IB and DP Diploma Program. Additionally, the school boasts a world-renowned sports program, as well as an excellent English proficiency program. The Art program is a key component of the school’s curriculum, with seven video-students, twelve Performing Arts classrooms, 27 Music Practice Rooms, two Multi-Purpose Art Galleries, and two Fully-Equipped Theatre.The school has four levels of education, including Pre-School, Kindergarten and Elementary, Middle School, and High School, with a tuition fee of 569, 000 THB annually which speaks it has leveled up its education and facilities to help the students with full potential and that helps the school to top the lists of the International school in Thailand.
Address: 39/7 Soi Nichada Thani, Samakee Road, Amphur Pakkret, Nonthaburi 11120 Thailand
- Bangkok Patana School: Bangkok Patana School, Thailand’s original British international school, caters to students aged 2 to 18, holding a distinguished reputation in South East Asia’s educational landscape. With over 2,200 students from around 60 countries, the school offers a progressive educational journey from Foundation Stage to Senior Studies. The curriculum evolves, following a modified English National curriculum up to Year 11 and transitioning to the revered International Baccalaureate program in Years 12 and 13. Beyond academics, Bangkok Patana School focuses on nurturing adaptable lifelong learners, providing them with the intellectual, physical, and social skills to excel in an ever-changing world.
The school’s experienced and qualified teaching staff, with about 85% recruited from the UK and British international schools, ensures top-notch education. Specialists are integrated to ensure the school remains at the forefront of educational innovation. The expansive campus and exceptional facilities offer myriad opportunities for students to explore their passions. Emphasizing a holistic approach, the school encourages students to enrich their learning through various extra-curricular and community activities, fostering practical, real-world experiences. Unique to Bangkok Patana School is its commitment to in-house operational services, managing transportation and catering to provide convenience and nourishment for the school community. This commitment to excellence positions Bangkok Patana School as a premier institution dedicated to shaping well-rounded, adaptable individuals prepared for the challenges of a dynamic world with a tuition fee of THB 460,600.Address: 643 ซอย ลาซาล Khwaeng Bang Na, Khet Bang Na, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10260, Thailand
Phone: +66 2 785 2200
- Shrewsbury International School: The Shrewsbury School, established in 2003, is one of the most prominent international schools in Bangkok for students aged 3 to 18. It has two campuses, one situated on the outskirts of the city and the other located in the centre of the city. The school is home to a community of forty nationalities and has a total enrolment of 1,736 pupils. With a 10:1 pupil-teacher ratio, the school is able to provide greater support to its youngest learners. The school is proud to boast a 70% pass rate at GCSE, with A* and A-grades being the most common results.
Shrewsbury offers a comprehensive English National Certificate (NCC) curriculum tailored to the needs of its international community, ranging from Early Years Foundation (YEFS) to Key Stages (KS5). This curriculum follows a structured learning pathway from 3 to 18 years of age, with a sequence of 5 “Key Stages” culminating in the Advanced A-level program at 16-18 years of age. Additionally, Shrewsbury provides assessed examinations and (International) GCE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) qualifications, and is accredited by CIS (CIS), ONESQA (HMC), FOBISIA (BIOSIA), and BISAC (BISAC). It is also a Certified Test Center for Cambridge International (CBI), SATs (SATs), and DORA (Duke of Edinburgh International Award). The tuition fee for Shrewsbury is estimated to be THB 591,000.Address
City Campus: 982 Rim Klong Samsen Road, Bang Kapi, Huai Kwang, Bangkok 10310, Thailand (City Campus)
Tel: +66 (0) 2203 1222
Riverside Campus: 1922 Charoen Krung Road, Wat Prayakrai,Bang Kholaem, Bangkok 10120, Thailand (Riverside Campus)
Phone: +66 (0) 2675 1888
- NIST International School:Established in 1992, NIST International School is one of Thailand’s oldest international schools and is unique in that it does not adhere to any particular philosophy, religion, or system. In 1999, NIST became the first full IB World School in Thailand and has since expanded to offer all three IB programs. It is currently one of the top IB Schools in the world.
Additionally, NIST was the first school in Thailand to receive three accreditations, from the Council of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), the National Endowment for Science and Technology (NEASC), and the Organization of Eastern Asian Nations (OESQA). The school is composed of students from over 60 nationalities, with the majority of students (25.3%) from Thailand, as well as from other Asian countries, South America, Europe, and Africa.NIST’s core curriculum consists of the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and the Middle Years Programme (MYP) as well as the Diploma Programme (DP). Upon completion of their DP studies, NIST students consistently score higher than the global and national average in International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma examinations. Furthermore, NIST offers after-school bus transportation for students who take part in one of the over 300 Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA) offered after their classes, including sports, Drama, Music, Art, Technology, Academics, Language, and Social Environmental Activism, among others.
NIST is a state-of-the-art educational institution for children, situated on Sukhumvit Road, with a tuition fee of THB 541.800.
Address: 36 Sukhumvit Soi 15, Klongtoey-nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 2017 5888
- Harrow International School Bangkok: The curriculum of Harrow International is highly traditional, having its roots in Bangkok and being part of the Harrow School family, which traces its origins back to the year 1572. It is accredited by the National English Education System Quality Assurance Agency (ONESQA) and the International Organization for Standardization for Vocational Education and Training (OPEC). Harrow International places great emphasis on literacy, including the ability to read, write, speak and listen in English, mathematics, digital literacy, and extracurricular activities, including creative arts.
Pupils at the Early Years Center are taught a custom-made curriculum tailored to the needs of their educational needs, combining the best of England’s educational practices with international influences. In the Senior School, students study for International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), American Sign Language (AS) and A-Level qualifications, which are highly sought-after qualifications that provide access to top universities around the world. The starting fee for the Senior School is estimated to be 459,000 Thai Baht annually.Address: 45 Soi Kosumruamchai 14 Don Mueang, Bangkok 10210, Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 2503 7222
- Ruamrudee International School (RIS):RIS (Thai for “Union of Hearts”) is a Catholic institution that was established in 1957. It was one of the first schools in Asia to be accredited by the West Asian Schools Association and the Thai Department of Education.Rising School of Asia (RIS) is a world-class institution of higher education, boasting graduates who have achieved above-average scores in the IB Diploma and AP courses. As one of South East Asia’s few schools to offer these two programs, RIS offers students a wide range of courses, ranging from over 50 IB to 20 AP. Each year, RIS graduates go on to pursue higher education at renowned universities and colleges, such as Harvard University, Stanford University, and University College London, and 43 medical schools, among others. Furthermore, RIS offers a personalized learning experience, with its Alternative Day Program allowing students to study in small groups or in 1:1 classes. The school also boasts a range of facilities, including a fitness centre, soccer field, pool, yoga room, recording and ceramic studio, tennis court, robotics lab, coffee shop, canteen and a school clinic. The tuition fee at RIS is estimated to be 474,000 Thai Baht.
Address: 6 Ramkhamhaeng 184, Minburi, Bangkok 10510, Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 2791 8900
- St. Andrews International School: St Andrews follows an English National Curriculum adapted to the needs of its international community, preparing students for the IGCSE and IBDP examinations. The school has a maximum enrolment of 900 primary school pupils and 1,000 secondary school pupils from more than 50 countries, aged 2 to 18 years, with an average class size of 15 to 20.The school accommodates a total of 1,900 pupils from 55 countries in purpose-built educational facilities. The classrooms are equipped with interactive SMART Boards, as well as data projectors, which are connected to the internet via computers and the intranet of St Andrews. The grounds are home to a variety of sports facilities, including basketball and volleyball courts, as well as badminton and football pitches. Additionally, swimming pools and fitness and yoga centers are located on the premises.
At St Andrews, students are taught eight languages, four of which are from Europe and the others from Asia. The curriculum is designed to reflect the best of both British and international education, and is steeped in Thai culture, with an initial foundation stage and four key stages, as well as the International Baccalureate. The school is home to a variety of sports facilities, as well as a range of creative and performing arts facilities, gardens, and recreational areas for more peaceful activities. The tuition fee for students at St Andrews is set at 346,000 Thai Baht per year.
Primary School: 9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit 71, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 2381 2387
High School: 1020 Sukhumvit Rd, Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 2056 9555
- Bangkok International Preparatory & Secondary School: More commonly known as Bangkok Prep is a comprehensive British International School located in the heart of Bangkok, providing educational opportunities for students aged 3 to 18 years old. Bangkok Prep is one of the top CIS-accredited BIC International Schools in the world, with an enrollment of more than 1,500Bangkok Prep offers a comprehensive International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) program to students 10 and 11, as a stepping stone to the A-levels (Years 12 and 13) that are approved by Cambridge. The school offers the EPQ (Extended Project Qualification), and prepares students to pursue a global university education. Graduates of the school have been invited to apply to some of the world’s leading universities, including the University of Cambridge, Brown University, and the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Additionally, the school has developed 11 life values, as well as various sports teams, such as Tennis, Basketball, Football, Volleyball, and Rugby, which compete in competitions and activities. The tuition fee for Bangkok Prep begins from 535,000 THB.
Sukhumvit 77, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 2 700 5858
- Concordian International School: Established in August 2001, Concordian International School, situated in Bangkok’s vibrant Bangna area, has emerged as a beacon of educational distinction. As a Pre-K to Grade 12 IB World School, Concordian orchestrates a transformative learning experience for around 1,000 students, firmly rooted in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Organization programs with an annual tuition fee of THB 590,400.What sets Concordian apart is its unique trilingual approach to education. It proudly stands as Thailand’s sole fully trilingual international school, implementing the International Baccalaureate (IB) program through English, Chinese, and Thai as the primary languages of instruction. The Early Years and Primary Years programs thrive within an immersive English-Chinese environment, transitioning to English as the predominant medium of instruction from Grade 5 onwards.
Concordian International School’s credentials are both impressive and comprehensive. It holds full accreditation from esteemed bodies, including the International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) for PYP/MYP/DP, the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), and the Council of International Schools (CIS). Additionally, the school proudly affiliates with the International Schools Association of Thailand (ISAT) and the East Asia Regional Council of Schools (EARCOS), solidifying its commitment to international standards and global educational collaboration.
Address: 918 Soi Ratwinit Bangkaew Bangkok, Bang Phli District, Samut Prakan 10540, Thailand
Phone: +66 2 034 9000
- Regent’s International School: Regent’s International School is a Canadian International Schools (CIS) and Ontario School Education and Training Association (ONSQA) accredited day and boarding school, providing primary and secondary education for students aged 2 to 18, with various scholarships available for students who demonstrate outstanding academic performance.
Regent’s IB students consistently outperform the global average in the renowned International Baccalaurate, and many of them have been granted admission to renowned universities such as Oxford and Cambridge Universities in the United Kingdom, and to the Ivy League Universities in the United States. The primary curriculum for Regent’s IB students is composed of two main stages: those from 4 to 11 years of age, and those from 11 to 18 years of age. Secondary school curriculum programs are based on the English Nation Curriculum and the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE). The tuition fee for the IB Diploma program begins at an initial fee of 390,300 Thai Baht per year.Address: 601/99 Pracha-Uthit Road, Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310, Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 2957 5777