Veggie Pad Thai is a sensory delight, with an amusing amalgamation of flavours, including roasted peanuts and a yummy spicy-sweet sauce.
Not only does it tantalize the taste buds, but it also boasts of being one of the most nourishing dishes out there, rich in Vitamin A, protein, and antioxidant compounds like zeaxanthin and lutein. This delicacy is also an excellent option for a sumptuous Sunday dinner.
If the mere thought of this gorgeous culinary creation has ignited a yearning within you, rest assured that we have got you covered.
Our expertly crafted guide to preparing a Veggie Pad Thai shall equip you with all the necessary knowledge to prepare this incredible dish in the comfort of your abode.
Follow Indo Thai News–your one-stop-shop for the latest recipe on traditional food in Thailand.
Try out our guide and get your veggie pad Thai in less than 20 minutes:
Ingredients for Veggie Pad Thai
- 1 cup of Tofu, cut into small pieces
- 350 grams of Rice Noodles
- 1 thinly sliced Onion
- 2 cloves grated Garlic
- 1 Carrot sliced into wedges
- 4 roughly chopped Bok Choy
- 10 florets of Broccoli
- 1 Capsicum (Green Bell Pepper), cut into wedges
- 1 cup of sliced Spring Onion
- 1 cup of Bean Sprouts
- ½ cup of pounded Roasted Peanuts
- Some thinly sliced fresh Red Chillies
- Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges while serving
- 3 tablespoons of Oil to stir-fry
Ingredients needed to prepare the Veggie Pad Thai Sauce
- ¼ cup of Soya sauce
- ½ cup of Tamarind Water
- ¼ cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
Liked this post? Pin it for Later!
Veggie Pad Thai Preparation Method
- Put the wok over medium-high heat. Next, add the onions, garlic, and a tablespoon of oil. Stir fry for around a minute or so for the fragrance to release.
- Now, add the broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, and Bok Choy. Sir-fry for about 2 minutes until you find the veggies are lightly softened but crisp at the same time. Stir the tofu and then toss for some seconds.
- It is now time to move the ingredients to the wok’s side. Add the drained rice noodles and one-third of the Pad Thai sauce. Next, stir-fry the ingredients and the noodles for one minute using a tossing motion and 2 ladles.
- Pour a little more Pad Thai sauce and continue to stir-fry for one to two minutes more or until you find the noodles have started becoming softer.
- Add the remaining sauce and the bean sprouts. Make sure to continue stir-frying everything together for one to three minutes more or until you see the noodles are cooked properly.
- You should remove the utensil from heat to taste. Add some more chilli sauce or soya sauce or Pad Thai sauce if you wish for more flavor or salt.
- All done now it’s time to serve. Place the dish onto a stylish serving platter. You can sprinkle peanuts, coriander, and green onion for garnishing. Decorate with wedges of fresh lime on the side.
Follow Indo Thai News and get updated on the latest news on Thailand street food.
Four more must read articles on Indo Thai News
Discover the Benefits of Meditation – The Inward Journey
Top 5 Must-Watch Movies in April 2023
Khao Soi-The Signature Dish from Northern Thailand