Petrol and diesel prices have increased again today (Thursday) after remaining stable on Wednesday. With this, the price of oil has reached its highest level across the country. Today the price of petrol has become costlier by 26 paise and diesel by 7 paise per liter. After this increase, petrol is being sold in Delhi today at Rs 97.76 per liter and diesel at Rs 88.30 per liter. The price of Brent crude has also reached beyond $ 75 per barrel.
In some cities like Sri Ganganagar, Anuppur, Rewa, the price of petrol has reached very close to Rs 110 a liter. At the same time, after Bangalore, now Bihar’s capital Patna and Kerala’s capital Thiruvananthapuram are on the verge of being included in the list of capitals of those states where petrol has crossed the 100 mark.
- Petrol in Mumbai today Rs 103.89 and diesel Rs 88.30 per liter
- Petrol in Kolkata today Rs 97.63 and diesel Rs 91.15 per liter
- Petrol in Chennai today Rs 98.88 and diesel Rs 92.89 per liter
- Petrol in Sriganganagar today Rs 108.94 and diesel Rs 101.48 per liter
- Petrol in Patna Rs 99.80 and diesel Rs 93.63 per liter
- Petrol in Anuppur today Rs 108.56 and diesel Rs 99.39 per liter
- Petrol in Rewa today Rs 108.2 and diesel Rs 99.05 per liter
- Petrol in Lucknow today Rs 94.95 and diesel Rs 88.71 per liter
- Petrol in Chandigarh today Rs 94.02 and diesel Rs 87.94 per liter
- Petrol in Ranchi Rs 93.55 and Diesel Rs 93.20 per liter
- Petrol in Bhopal Rs 105.99 and Diesel Rs 97 per liter
- Petrol in Jaipur Rs 104.44 and Diesel Rs 97.35 per liter
Petrol prices have come very close to hitting the century mark across the country. Extending the range of historically high prices, which had already crossed the Rs 100 per liter mark in some cities and towns of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan Telangana, Andhra Pradesh. Oil prices rose on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday last week, and on Monday and Tuesday this week, before remaining stable on Wednesday. Petrol and diesel prices were hiked even four days before last week.