Delicious food, an abundance of shopping options, boat rides, and charming streets peppered with unique and beautiful souvenirs are some of the most important features of Asiatique the Riverfront in Bangkok.
The spectacular open-air mall on the banks of the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok, with a cornucopia of options, has become a popular destination for locals and tourists alike.
The Indo Thai News team ventured to the heart of Bangkok, Thailand, to discover the allure of this beloved tourist hotspot. Watch the full coverage on our YouTube Channel.
Discover the beauty of Thailand with Indo Thai News–your one-stop-shop for the latest update on India & Thailand travel & culture news.
Here is our guide to one of the most popular places in Thailand
How to Get to Asiatique?
You can take the BTS Skytrain to Saphan Taksin station and then take a shuttle boat to the mall. You can also opt for a taxi or tuk-tuk, which will take longer.
Note: Shuttle boat details: It is free and operates from 4.00 pm to 11 pm.
Shopping Hotspot at Asiatique
With over 1,500 shops and stalls selling everything from fashion and accessories to souvenirs and home decor, there is something for everyone.
Divided into four districts, the mall offers a unique shopping experience, so take your time exploring them all. Let’s have a brief look at them.
- Chareonkrung: Main shopping district and features a mix of local and international brands
- Town Square: Home to various restaurants and cafes
- Factory District: Filled with factory outlets and discount stores
- Waterfront: Popular for handmade and artisanal products
What to Eat at Asiatique?
Asiatique the Riverfront is a foodie’s paradise. There are over 40 restaurants and cafes serving various cuisines from all over the world.
You can find everything from Thai street food to Italian pasta, Japanese sushi, and American burgers.
One of the must-try dishes at Asiatique the Riverfront is the famous Thai boat noodles, a mouth-watering soup brimming with either pork or beef. Also, don’t miss out on Thai classics like pad Thai, green curry, and the famed mango sticky rice.
Choose Your Favourite Entertainment at Asiatique
The wonderland is a treasure trove of captivating activities designed to dazzle and delight visitors at every turn. There are many options, with something to suit every taste and interest. Among the various delights you can enjoy:
- Ferris wheel that offers a stunning view of Bangkok’s skyline,
- 4D cinema
- Muay Thai exhibition
- Thai classical dance
- Calypso Cabaret show
- Haunted house
- Charming carousel
- Joe Louis Thai puppet theatre
One of the major highlights is the Calypso Cabaret Show — A dazzling performance by a troupe of transgender performers who put on a show of dance, music, and comedy. It’s a unique and unforgettable experience you won’t find anywhere else in Bangkok.
Important Tips for Visiting Asiatique
To make the most of your visit to Asiatique the Riverfront, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Go in the evening: The market opens every day from 5 pm to (midnight). The best time to enjoy the place is in the evening when the weather is cooler, and the atmosphere is lively.
- Always Carry Cash: While many shops and restaurants accept credit cards, having cash on hand is always a good idea.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes: Asiatique the Riverfront is a large complex, so wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Don’t Shy Away from a Good Bargain: You can often get a better price if you negotiate.
Liked this post? Pin it for later
I hope our comprehensive guide to Bangkok’s famous night market was helpful. Next time you get the chance, visit this beautiful market and immerse yourself in all the ecstatic experiences Asiatique the Riverfront in Bangkok offers.
Follow Indo Thai News for the latest lifestyle news.
Four more must-read articles from Indo Thai News
Chatuchak Market: Exploring Bangkok’s Ultimate Shopping Destination
From Humble Beginnings to Musical Icon: Kailash Kher’s Inspirational Story
Wat Arun: A Guide to Exploring Bangkok’s Iconic Landmark
Classical Dance Forms of Thailand: An Extension of the Thai Elegance, Beauty & Grace