Yoga has been proven to boost immunity for thousands of years. Infections and diseases are prevalent during the monsoon season. You must develop a stronger immune system in order to counteract this.
You can improve your health by practicing yoga because it lowers your stress level, improves your quality of sleep, and removes toxins from your body.
Listed below are a few asanas that are recommended for increasing immunity as well as how to do them correctly.
Bhujangasana Or Cobra Pose
A healthy immune system is ensured by this asana, which strengthens the core muscles. Practice this asana carefully so that the neck is not stressed. It improves blood circulation and opens the shoulders and neck. In addition to reducing stress, it can improve respiratory health.
How To Do It:
- As you lie on your stomach, place your toes and forehead flat on the ground.
- Place your hands (palms downwards) under your shoulders, with your legs close together, with your feet and heels lightly touching.
- Be sure to keep your elbows parallel to your torso.
- Keep your navel on the floor while slowly lifting your head, chest, and abdomen.
- Support your upper body with your hands as you pull your torso off the floor.
Kapal Bhati Pranayama
Through pranayama, the lungs become stronger as their capacity increases. By improving digestion and absorption, nutrients are assimilation and absorbed more effectively. As a result, the nervous system is energized and brain cells are rejuvenated, which helps to calm the mind.
How To Do It:
- Your spine should be erect as you sit comfortably. Hold your hands out to the sky while kneeling on your knees.
- Taking a deep breath will help you relax.
- As you exhale, pull your navel back toward your spine. Depending on your comfort level, you can do whatever you like. If you want to feel the abdominal muscles contract, you can place your right hand on the stomach.
- When you relax the navel and abdomen, your lungs are automatically filled with breath.
- In order to complete one round of Kapal Bhati, you must take 20 such breaths.
- Continue with two rounds of Kapal Bhati.
Shishuasana Or Child Pose
Asanas like this are excellent for analyzing energy flow and boosting the lymphatic system, as they boost the flow of blood in the body. Constipation can be relieved by doing Shishuasana. It eases digestion and promotes gut health.
How To Do It:
- Sit on your heels.
- Your hips should remain on your heels, your forehead should be lowered to the floor as you bend forward.
- Keep your arms alongside the body, palms facing upward, and hands on the ground. You can rest your forehead on your fist if this does not feel comfortable
- Press your chest against your thighs. Hold.
- Uncurl vertebra by vertebra as you sit on your heels.
It is always beneficial to take precautions during the monsoon season to keep diseases at bay. For optimal health, Ayurveda and yoga are recommended as natural, side-effect-free remedies.
Your immunity can be dramatically improved with a few minutes of yoga at home. It’s time to get out that yoga mat and start building some immunity!