13 patients have died due to fire in the ICU of Vijay Vallabh Kovid Center located in Virar West of Palghar district of Maharashtra. These include 4 women. There were 15 patients in the ICU at the time of the accident and 90 patients were admitted in the entire hospital. Of these, 21 patients with oxygen support have been shifted to another hospital. The fire was controlled within an hour. The reason for the fire is being said to be a short circuit in the AC. Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed grief over the incident of Virar. At the same time, from the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund, the families of the deceased have been announced to give Rs 2 lakh each. 50-50 thousand rupees will be given to severely scorched people. At the same time, the Maharashtra government has announced a grant of Rs 5 lakh to the family of the deceased.