Apple has recently introduced a fresh range of MacBook Pro models, showcasing the latest M3 chips: M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max. Boasting an advanced GPU architecture and an enhanced CPU, the M3 family significantly enhances the performance of the MacBook Pro, while also introducing impressive new functionalities.
With M3 technology, the new 14-inch MacBook Pro is not only perfect for everyday tasks but also delivers remarkable sustained performance for pro apps and games. It is an excellent choice for students, aspiring creatives, and entrepreneurs, and is now available starting at $1,599 approximately 58,000 THB. The 14- and 16-inch MacBook Pro with M3 Pro offers even greater performance and unified memory support, making it an ideal option for users with demanding workflows such as coders, creatives, and researchers.
Offering unparalleled performance and capabilities that push the limits of computing, the MacBook Pro with M3 Max is available in both 14- and 16-inch sizes. With a powerful GPU and CPU, as well as support for up to 128GB of unified memory, the MacBook Pro with M3 Max is ideal for demanding workflows and multitasking across professional applications, catering to users such as machine learning programmers, 3D artists, and video editors. Furthermore, the M3 Pro and M3 Max models now come in a striking space black, featuring a beautiful dark aluminum finish.
All MacBook Pro models are equipped with a remarkable Liquid Retina XDR display, which boasts a 20 percent increase in brightness for SDR content. Additionally, these models come with a built-in 1080p camera, an immersive six-speaker sound system, and a diverse range of connectivity options. The lineup offers unparalleled portability for professionals, as it provides up to 22 hours of battery life. This means that users can enjoy the same level of performance whether they are plugged in or running on battery power, allowing them to seamlessly continue their work from any location. Starting today, customers can place their orders for the new MacBook Pro, and it will be available for purchase starting November 7.
John Ternus, Apple’s senior vice president of Hardware Engineering, has described the MacBook Pro as a device like no other. With Apple silicon’s power-efficient performance, a stunning Liquid Retina XDR display, advanced connectivity, and up to 22 hours of battery life, the MacBook Pro is designed to empower users to do their life’s best work. The next generation of M3 chips takes the MacBook Pro’s capabilities to new heights, setting a new standard for pro laptops. The MacBook Pro’s best-in-class capabilities are now available to a wider range of users, and upgrading from an Intel-based MacBook Pro is a transformative experience.
The M3 Family Arrives
Apple silicon’s impressive pace of innovation continues with the M3 chip family, which includes the M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max. These chips are the first personal computer chips to be built using the industry-leading 3-nanometer technology. With a next-generation GPU that is faster and more efficient, they offer the most significant leap forward in graphics architecture ever seen in Apple silicon. The GPU’s Dynamic Caching technology dynamically allocates local memory usage, resulting in improved GPU utilization and performance for even the most demanding pro apps and games.
The GPU has brought about new rendering features to Apple silicon, including hardware-accelerated mesh shading that enhances the capability and efficiency of geometry processing, enabling the creation of more visually complex scenes. Additionally, hardware-accelerated ray tracing has made its debut on the Mac, allowing games to render more accurate shadows and reflections, resulting in more realistic environments.
14-inch MacBook Pro with M3
The MacBook Pro with M3 is the perfect laptop for individuals dedicated to their interests, encompassing students, business owners, aspiring musicians, and video editors. This 14‑inch MacBook Pro variant surpasses the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with M1 by up to 60 percent in terms of speed, while its advanced thermal system ensures the M3’s optimal performance over extended periods. Priced from $1,599, it offers enhanced performance and features, making it an excellent investment.
With MacBook Pro with M3:
- Final Cut Pro performance is up to 7.4x faster than the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Core i7,3 and up to 60 percent faster than the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with M1.
- Xcode code compilation is up to 3.7x faster than the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Core i7,3 and up to 40 percent faster than the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with M1.
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheet performance is up to 3.5x faster than the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with Core i7,3 and up to 40 percent faster than the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with M1.
14- and 16-inch MacBook Pro with M3 Pro
With MacBook Pro with M3:
- Final Cut Pro performance is up to 7.4x faster than the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Core i7 and up to 60 percent faster than the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with M1.
- Xcode code compilation is up to 3.7x faster than the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Core i7 and up to 40 percent faster than the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with M1.
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheet performance is up to 3.5x faster than the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with Core i7 and up to 40 percent faster than the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with M1.
14- and 16-inch MacBook Pro with M3 Pro
For individuals who require more advanced workflows such as coding, creative work, and research, the MacBook Pro with M3 Pro offers enhanced performance, increased support for unified memory, and is now up to 40 percent faster than the 16-inch model with M1 Pro.
With MacBook Pro with M3 Pro:
- Adobe Photoshop’s filter and function performance is significantly faster than the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro and the 16-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Pro.
- Oxford Nanopore MinKNOW’s base-calling for DNA sequencing is significantly faster than the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro and the 16-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Pro.
- Adobe Premiere Pro’s text-based editing is significantly faster than the 16-inch Intel-based MacBook Pro and the 16-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Pro.
14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro with M3 Max
The MacBook Pro with M3 Max is an ideal choice for professionals with demanding workflows such as machine learning programmers, 3D artists, and video editors. This device offers exceptional performance and capabilities, surpassing the 16-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Max by up to 2.5 times and the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro model by up to 11 times. Additionally, it supports up to 128GB of unified memory, allowing creators to work on large and complex projects with ease. This feature is particularly useful for composing huge film scores where entire orchestral libraries can be accessed instantly from memory.
With MacBook Pro with M3 Max:
- Simulation of dynamical systems in MathWorks MATLAB is up to 5.5x faster than the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro and up to 2x faster than the 16‑inch MacBook Pro with M1 Max.
- Render performance in Maxon Redshift is up to 5.3x faster than the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro and up to 2.5x faster than the 16‑inch MacBook Pro with M1 Max.
- Noise reduction in Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Studio is up to 2.7x faster than the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro and up to 65 percent faster than the 16‑inch MacBook Pro with M1 Max.
Now Available in Space Black
MacBook Pro models with M3 Pro and M3 Max are offered in a captivating new color called space black, which exudes a professional aura. This finish incorporates an innovative chemical process that creates an anodization seal, effectively minimizing the appearance of fingerprints. Additionally, M3 Pro and M3 Max models can be obtained in silver, while the 14‑inch MacBook Pro with M3 is available in both silver and space gray.
A Game Changer for Upgraders
The new MacBook Pro offers significant improvements for users, particularly those who are transitioning from an Intel-based Mac. The M3 Max model stands out with its remarkable speed, being up to 11 times faster than the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro model. Additionally, thanks to the power efficiency of Apple silicon, users can expect a quiet experience as the fans are rarely heard during most workloads. Furthermore, the battery life is greatly enhanced, providing an additional 11 hours compared to the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro model. Notably, the MacBook Pro maintains its exceptional performance whether it is plugged in or running on battery power. The Liquid Retina XDR display sets a new standard for laptop displays, boasting a sustained brightness of 1000 nits and a peak brightness of 1600 nits for HDR content. The display also offers an impressive contrast ratio, vibrant colors, and an outstanding viewing angle. Moreover, SDR content is now displayed at up to 600 nits, which is a 20 percent increase in brightness compared to previous models.
macOS Sonoma introduces a wide range of enhancements to the Mac, catering to both work and leisure activities. Users now have the ability to place widgets directly on their desktop, effortlessly interact with them through a simple click, and seamlessly access the extensive iPhone widget ecosystem on their Mac via Continuity. Moreover, video conferencing becomes even more captivating with the inclusion of features designed to facilitate remote presentations. For instance, Presenter Overlay positions the presenter on top of the shared content, while Reactions allow for entertaining gesture-triggered video effects of exceptional cinematic quality. In Safari, the addition of Profiles ensures that browsing remains separate for various topics or projects, while web apps offer expedited access to frequently visited websites. Additionally, macOS Sonoma boasts an impressive collection of breathtaking new screen savers, showcasing slow-motion videos of captivating locations worldwide.
Furthermore, macOS Sonoma fully harnesses the capabilities of Apple silicon, providing professionals with a host of powerful features. The introduction of the high-performance mode in Screen Sharing enables remarkably responsive remote access to another Mac, empowering professionals to securely work on their most demanding content from any location. Game Mode prioritizes graphics tasks, resulting in consistently high frame rates and significantly reduced latency when using wireless accessories. This enhancement delivers an even more immersive gaming experience, particularly with titles such as Baldur’s Gate 3, Lies of P, and DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT.
Better for the Environment
The MacBook Pro is not only a high-quality device, but it is also environmentally conscious. Its enclosure is made from a custom alloy that uses 100 percent recycled aluminum, making it incredibly durable. Additionally, the MacBook Pro uses 100 percent recycled rare earth elements in all magnets and 100 percent recycled tin soldering and gold plating in multiple printed circuit boards. It is also free of harmful substances such as beryllium, brominated flame retardants, and mercury. Furthermore, 100 percent of the wood fiber in the packaging is recycled or comes from responsibly managed forests. Apple is committed to being carbon neutral for global corporate operations, and by 2030, it plans to be carbon neutral across the entire manufacturing supply chain and all product life cycles. This means that every Apple device sold will be carbon neutral, from component manufacturing, assembly, transport, customer use, all the way to recycling and material recovery.
Price & Availability
- Customers can order the new MacBook Pro starting today, Monday, October 30, on apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in 27 countries and regions, including the U.S. It will begin arriving to customers, and will be in Apple Store locations and Apple Authorized Resellers, starting Tuesday, November 7.
- The 14-inch MacBook Pro with M3 starts at $1,599 (U.S.) and $1,499 (U.S.) for education; the 14‑inch MacBook Pro with M3 Pro starts at $1,999 (U.S.) and $1,849 (U.S.) for education; and the 16‑inch MacBook Pro starts at $2,499 (U.S.) and $2,299 (U.S.) for education.