Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal told in a press conference what will be open and what will be closed in Delhi this week. Kejriwal has informed that if the cases keep decreasing even further, then the lockdown will be further relaxed. But if the case increases, then again there may be strictness in the lockdown.
Kejriwal’s main announcement
- Now around 400 cases are coming and only 0.5 percent infection rate is left..
- The lockdown will continue even further but a lot of concessions are being given.
- All markets and malls will open on odd-even basis. Shops will open according to their numbers from 10 am to 8.00 pm.
- Delhi Metro will run with 50% seat capacity.
- In Delhi government offices, Group A officers will work for 100 percent and only those below 50 percent will work.
- Private offices will open with 50 percent employees.
- Stand alone shops and essential service shops will open daily.
- If the situation remains under control in the coming weeks, more concessions will be given.
- It is our responsibility to make complete preparations for the third wave.
- Yesterday I had two meetings on the third wave which lasted for about 6 hours. Among them were officers, experts, etc.
- Now we have to prepare for the peak of 37000 as per expert opinion. It is not that the peak will not come now, but if we are prepared with this base, then we will be able to prepare more as matters escalate.
- A Pediatric Task Force has been formed separately in Delhi which will decide how many ICU beds should be there, how many should be for children and what kind of beds should be for children too. With this, everything will be different for them.
- This time people had to struggle a lot due to lack of oxygen, but by the time we got oxygen, there was chaos in Delhi.
- We don’t want this to happen in the next wave. We are creating 420 tonnes of oxygen storage capacity in Delhi. Indraprastha Gas Limited has been asked to produce 150 tonnes of oxygen.
- This time there were no oxygen tankers in Delhi, for this now 25 oxygen tankers are being purchased.
- 64 small oxygen plants will be ready in Delhi.